About / Lab Staff
Momchil Nikolov, PhD student
|Date of birth:||06.05.1978|
Education and qualifications
|October 2003 – July 2005||University Of Sofia “St. Kliment Ohridski”|
|Degree||Master of science|
|September 1992 - June 1997||School of computer science and technology, Pravetz|
“Association study of OPRM1 gene and heroin dependancy”
Previous and Current Employment
|April 2006- current||Molecular Medicine Center, Medical University - Sofia|
|February 2005 – December 2005||Intermedia.bg, Sofia|
|May 2003 – October 2003||“Raybrook Frog”,USA,NY|
- DNA extraction from whole blood or buccal samples.
- Concentration of DNA samples
- DNA extraction from FTA cards
- Criopreservations of human samples
- Routine procedures according to the laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures: gel electrophoretic techniques for separating and analysis of DNA, as agarose, non-denaturating and polyacrilamidic, denaturating and non-denaturating gel electrophoresis. Direct and indirect methods for DNA analisys, including RFLP, STR markers and direct sequencing on ABI 310 sequencing machine.
- operating laboratory equipment: centrifuge, pipette, steam kettles, autoclaves, photocopy machine, PCR –machine, ABI 310 sequencing machine.
DNA analysis, Molecular Genetics, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Immunology, Microbiology
Participation in research projects
|April 2006||Molecular Medicine Center, Medical University - Sofia|